Clinics & Services
The practice provides the full range of essential Primary Health Care Services to its patients, this covers:
Looking after patients who are ill or believe themselves to be ill, with conditions for which recovery is generally expected. This includes the giving of any
Looking after patients who are terminally ill
Providing care for chronic diseases such as asthma, COPD and diabetes.
In addition, the practice provides the following additional services:
- Cervical screening, Contraception services, Vaccinations and immunisations, Child Health Surveillance, Maternity services and Minor Surgery.
The practice will, on request, provide the following consultations to patients who meet the qualifying criteria.
Registered patients aged between 16 & 75 years of age who have not consulted with a GP within the last 3 years
A consultation will be provided on request and the GP will discuss any medical problems and do any examinations which are appropriate.
Registered patients aged 75 or over
A consultation will be provided on request and the GP will discuss any medical problems and do any examinations which are appropriate
Such a consultation shall take place in the home of the patient where in the reasonable opinion of the GP it would be inappropriate as a result of the patient’s medical condition for the patient to attend the practice premises.
Wherever possible and within the resources of the NHS we will reflect patient choice and preference
Practice nurses, Health Care Assistant & Phlebotomist
These staff are able to provide a number of services including
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Well Person Health Checks
- Diabetic Health Checks
- Heart Disease Clinics
- Asthma Clinics
- Blood tests
- Cervical Smears
- Travel Health (needs to be booked no later than 6 weeks prior to travel – the surgery cannot be responsible for last minute travel)
Please check with the receptionist which of these members of staff it is appropriate for you to see.
Other Services Provided
- Smoking Cessation
- Antenatal and Postnatal Care
- Child Health
- Health Promotion Services
- Nurse Specialist Clinics
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- NHS Physiotherapy (referral from doctor required)
- NHS USS (referral from doctor required)